Monday, September 3, 2012

Soo..I guess I blog now.

This whole blogging thing is new to me, so until I get the hang of things I'm going to play it safe and stick to an "about me" post. So hey, I'm Maureen. I'm a senior in high school. I work two jobs, one at a grocery store, and the other as an after school nanny for two little girls. I love kids, their innocence and at the same time, their stunning ability to pick up on things you wouldn't expect them to understand. I attempt to spend as much time with them as possible. On Wednesdays I volunteer with a pre-teen after school program and on Sunday mornings I teach a pre-school class at my church.

I'm going on eighteen and no, I don't know where I'm going to college. I'm just under 6 feet tall and I have a giraffe fetish. I love my friends, to-do lists, and late nights. I'm a Christian, and I do my best to make that statement actually have meaning and represent who I am. My parents are divorced, my little brother is taller than me, and I didn't grow up knowing my older sister. I hate being disappointed and when people have no empathy. I also hate when people burn microwave popcorn. Honestly how hard is it to screw up microwave popcorn. I love going barefoot, and wearing pretty dresses, dancing in the rain and laughing with my best friends. I love that I have so much to love.

This blog could go on for days if I could just continue to spout useless details about my life. At some point I should probably address deeper topics. But for now, I'm just going to get this out of my system.
I would be a vegetarian if steak didn't taste so dang good. Medium well, with ranch on the side to dip it in. I love driving with the windows down and buying endless pairs of fake Ray Bans. I love the long journey I've taken to be the person I've become. I can't stand carrots, they literally taste like cardboard to me. I dislike when people do things just because they can. The Iowa Hawkeyes are my team, even though we got off to a rocky start, I think we could still have a great football season.

I hate winter. It's cold, it's wet, and it's dark. Nearly every day is overcast. I can't go that long without some natural vitamin D soaking through my skin. On the occasional sunny day in winter you can find me sprawled out on my living room floor catching a sunbeam through the window. Like a cat. A sad, desperate cat.
Which is why I'm going to live in Hawaii. No need to worry about a lack of sun on a cluster of tropical islands.

I love traveling, and my mom who makes it possible for my brother and I to go to these fantastic places every spring break. I loved Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Hawaii and San Diego. I've been spoiled with the opportunity to venture from my boring little mid-western comfort zone and do amazing things in even more amazing places.
I would never wish to change anything bad about my past. I am who I am because of those mistakes.
There has got to be a stopping point to this, so I'll end this rambling crazy train with just a little more love.

1 John 4:8
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."          
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment